Monday, August 26, 2013

Indian Call Center Scammers

Well it's happening again. Around 11:45 pm and the phone rings. Awaken from my slumber and I hear the voice..."your computer is going to crash can I help you", asks the voice. Huh, I respond. And this time I slam the phone down. Just what is going on? Seriously, Google Indian hone center scammers and you will find a lot of similar stories. I didn't believe it myself the first time. These guys will call and pretend they work for Microsoft or that they are simply with 'tech support'. All they want you to do is give up access to your computer, from which they will likely install software to steal your identity. It's been a number of months since they have last called. Beware, don't let your guard down. And if they call either give them hell. Or play along and work them good. I did that the time before and it really got them pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment