Saturday, August 24, 2013

New challenges, new adventures, Do Your Best!

My third year as a scout leader is now getting underway. Seems like just yesterday Matt was putting on his tiger uniform and I was stepping up to be his den leader. This past year was much more challenging, starting a new pack, becoming committee chair and then district round table chairman. And to top Italy off, Cub Scout leader of the year. What a whirlwind adventure. It's true scouting is a full time job. Always getting asked to help, or should I say voluntold. Then balancing unit needs, district needs, family and of course work. You can't take it for granted, scouting is so much more than that. I am there for the boys; mine, my friends and those that may not the support of their family. My next challenge has already begun, Wood Badge. It's the embodiment of Scouting. The ultimate leadership training that helps to make you a well rounded person. Over the next three weeks I'll be writing my 10 ticket ideas. Then I get to spend two weekends with my peers working toward five SMART goals. With their support I will work these five items for the next 18 months. All to become a better leader, supporter, father and person.

No comments:

Post a Comment